Sunday 26 September 2010

Greetings from Czechslovakia

Our IPWSO awareness booth has been unexpectedly very busy today; maybe because it was only a half-day.  I had to leave it to Giorgio to manage, plus take down the booth, as I had to get to the Czech Republic meeting where I was speaking.  The parent delegate for Slovakia and her family spent all night on the train to get there!  It was a wonderful day meeting the families and children; they had a good translator, and the parents had a lot of questions after my talk.  The younger children are all very slim and on growth hormone, in sharp contrast to most of the older children/adults who did not have that option.  After all of my medical data, Giorgio balanced it with his wonderful power point on Daniele and ended the day by singing “Ich Auch.”   

Giorgio with an admirer!
I fell in love with one, cute young woman named Natalia.  We became fast friends and she wanted to sit by me at dinner.  When Giorgio sang and played the guitar after the meal, the look on her face was sheer rapture.  During one song, she was so moved she started crying, which made me cry.  What a gift Giorgio has – and is willing to share. 

Tomorrow we go speak again at the conference which ends at 1:30 and then we will drive straight through (9 hours) to Italy.  At last a few days to rest up!

Janalee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.